Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager
Gold Standard Phantoms (GSP) is currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our growing
MedTech organisation based in Sheffield, made up of a multidisciplinary team including engineers,
scientists and clinicians that are on a mission to enable medical imaging to save more lives by improving
The Continuous Improvement Manager is a newly created role within Gold Standard Phantoms, reporting
to the Chief Executive Officer and with strong ties to the engineering and quality teams. You will lead
Continuous Improvements across the entire organisation, covering all operating aspects of the business.
Using your technical, leadership and people skills, you will drive improvements that meet and exceed the
expectations of our team and partners. You are passionate about the development of others and
demonstrate this through training and mentoring teams in the very latest quality methodologies and
We are looking for someone who:
- Assesses, monitors, and enhances business performance.
- Analyses the efficiency and costs of existing business processes, identifying areas of improvement
and facilitating change.
- Develops process improvements, implements changes in workflows, structures, and teams to
- Has experience implementing the latest management methodologies.
- Troubleshoots and improving new processes.
- Updates process and procedure policies.
- Takes leadership and ownership.
- Ensures that team members have buy-in and are trained and mentored to be able to use these
- Establishes the norms and standards of company performance.
- Leads the implementation of the company’s quality management system.
- Takes a high level operational view of the entire company.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- Five years or more practical experience in Continuous Improvement Management, process
optimisations, operations, business management.
- Has delivered business change, with specific practical experience in assessing, analysing,
developing, documenting, and implementing processes and procedures
- A sharp eye for identifying weak points in processes and organisational structures.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, structured in approach
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong influencer of people both at a senior and wider team levels
- Strong collaborator – history of being a team player and team builder
- A thorough understanding of the latest process enhancement strategies.
- A strategic and analytical mindset.
- Dynamic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Capability to work unsupervised as well as a self-starter and highly self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and change in a dynamic working environment
- Confidence in your abilities to lead organisation change.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you have:
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 compliant quality management system.
- Advanced knowledge of business management software systems (for example Jira).
- LEAN Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- A graduate degree in business or MBA.
- Experience within manufacturing or software lifecycle
- Experience in leading organisational change in one or more of the following departments:
research and development, production and manufacturing, software development, shipping and
logistics, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent Project Management skills and qualification (Prince 2, PMI etc)
What’s on offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience, up to £50,000 – £60,000
- Permanent full-time-position with 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Parental leave.
- Flexible working hours and start times.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing team.
- Share options as per our equity incentive plan.
- Cycle to Work scheme (Green Commute Initiative).
- Ad hoc learning courses (TrainingSensei, Blinkist)
Location: Sheffield, UK
When applying for this role, please provide your CV along with a cover letter.
Gold Standard Phantoms is an equal opportunities employer. An innovative MedTech start-up, we are
committed to a fair, equal, and inclusive workplace. We value diversity and we welcome people form all
backgrounds in our team.